The following MCSS District map can serve as a guide to select the district you are applying to represent. For members who reside in a different district from where they work/teach, MCSS encourages educators to apply to serve as representatives in the MCSS districts in which they work.
District Representatives from even numbered districts are elected during even years.
- District 2
- District 4
- District 6
- District 8
- District 10
District Representatives from odd numbered districts are elected during odd years.
- District 1
- District 3
- District 5
- District 7
- District 9
The District Representatives shall serve a one-year term.
District representatives duties include:
- attend Executive Board meetings;
- work toward the achievement of MCSS objectives and strategies;
- serve on one of the Strategic Plan Action Teams;
- become familiar with the MCSS By Laws and Policies;
- assist in identifying community resources in their districts;
- serve to communicate issues and opportunities to their constituents in their districts;
- submit pertinent District news article to the council’s official publications;
- represent their districts in advocacy efforts;
- attend the MCSS Annual meeting and assist at state conferences;
- submit a State of the District report at the final Executive Board meeting of the school year;
- Serve on various State level committees and testify at various hearings on pertinent social studies issues.
The President Elect shall serve one-year term as President Elect, one-year term as President, one-year term as Past President:
The President Elect duties include:
- submit goals and objectives at the beginning of his/her term which may by carried over into their term as president;
- assist the president as directed by the Executive Board;
- perform duties of the President in the President’s absence;
- fill an unexpired term of President in the event that a vacancy should occur;
- serve on the State Conference Program Committee;
- perform such duties and have such powers as are provided in these By-Laws or a directed by the President and/or the Executive Board.
The NCSS Delegate at large shall serve a two-year term.
The NCSS Delegate at large duties include:
- serve as a member of the MCSS Executive Team and the Executive Board;
- attend meetings of the House of Delegates of the NCSS and prior briefings;
- be the liaison between the House of Delegates of NCSS and the state council;
- arrange for caucuses of all delegates from MCSS prior to the meetings of the House of Delegates;
- in conjunction with the Executive Director , President and President Elect fulfill obligations to the Great Lakes Regional Coordinating Committee including summer planning meetings;
- perform such duties and have such powers as are provided in these By-Laws or as directed by the President and / or the Executive Board.
MCSS Board Frequently asked questions (FAQs)